View Issue Details

IDProjectCategoryView StatusLast Update
0007903VALENTINA SERVERClientpublic2017-03-08 14:19
ReporterAleksandar SpasojevicAssigned ToIvan Smahin 
PrioritynormalSeveritymajorReproducibilityhave not tried
Status resolvedResolutionfixed 
PlatformOSWindows SeverOS Version2008 R2 Standard
Product Version 
Target VersionFixed in Version7.0.x 
Summary0007903: Valentina Server slowing down
DescriptionWe have some problems with Valentina Server. We installed it on Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard. Sometimes, we cannot connect to server from our applications. It needs few minutes to open connection. It happens 2-3 times during the day and after we restart VServer process, it works perfectly. I cannot remember any other reason, but it looks like this started to happen after we implemented VNotifications in software. What could be reason for slowing down? We thought we have some problems in code, but even Valentina Studio needs time to connect when it happens. This is happening with all versions from 6.6.5 to 7.0.3 we tried. It have enough resources for work, and last time processor was on 0% .
Do you have any idea what could cause this problem?

Thank you

Best regards
TagsNo tags attached.

Activities

Ivan Smahin

Ivan Smahin

2017-03-07 15:49

manager   ~0009516

Could you please run your vServer with VERBOSELEVEL = 3 and do usual things until such "slowing down" happens and send me or better attach here vServer log?
Aleksandar Spasojevic

Aleksandar Spasojevic

2017-03-08 10:26

reporter   ~0009519

Hello, I uploaded Log and Warnings. I restarted VServer last night, and when we came this morning it is already very slow, so I cannot tell approximately when it happened.

Here is download link:

http://www.megafileupload.com/Kfd8/Valentina_Logs.rar

Aleksandar
Ivan Smahin

Ivan Smahin

2017-03-08 13:54

manager   ~0009521

It seems I find the reason and will fix it ASAP, but pay attention that you do Connection::Open() many times (without closing prev one) which is usually means that something wrong in your code.

The first time is ok:
Tue Mar 7 2017 21:15:37.815000 (TID 2668): (UID 824) Connection established with '192.168.1.170:62346'. ( Connections count: '1')
...
Tue Mar 7 2017 21:15:38.065000 (TID 2672): (UID 824) kHighestSupportedProtocol is 369:.
Tue Mar 7 2017 21:15:38.065000 (TID 2680): (UID 824) vClient-connection established. ( available: 'unlimited')
Tue Mar 7 2017 21:15:38.096000 (TID 2680): (UID 824) User: sa. Connection encoding: UTF-16 - LittleEndian.
Tue Mar 7 2017 21:15:38.096000 (TID 2676): (UID 828) Notification connection established with '192.168.1.170:62347'



But later:
...
Tue Mar 7 2017 21:16:11.730000 (TID 2668): (UID 824) kHighestSupportedProtocol is 369:.
Tue Mar 7 2017 21:16:11.730000 (TID 2676): (UID 824) vClient-connection established. ( available: 'unlimited')
Tue Mar 7 2017 21:16:11.730000 (TID 2676): (UID 824) User: sa. Connection encoding: UTF-16 - LittleEndian.
Tue Mar 7 2017 21:16:11.730000 (TID 2676): (UID 824) Database: dovecherdb; User: sa: OK
Tue Mar 7 2017 21:16:11.730000 (TID 2664): (UID 648) Notification connection established with '192.168.1.170:62348'
...

It happens many times and finally you got hundreds (probably more) opened notification connections (this issue I'm going to fix):

...
Wed Mar 8 2017 10:00:31.182000 (TID 1936): (UID 4748) Notification connection is forcedly closed
Wed Mar 8 2017 10:00:31.182000 (TID 1936): (UID 3724) Notification connection is forcedly closed
Wed Mar 8 2017 10:00:31.182000 (TID 1936): (UID 2700) Notification connection is forcedly closed
...
Ivan Smahin

Ivan Smahin

2017-03-08 14:12

manager   ~0009522

In other words - it must be ok after my fix, but you should know that you do some strange and ridiculous connection::Open() in your app - it is not a problem for vClient/vServer, but it probably means that your code contains some logical error.

Issue History

Date Modified Username Field Change
2017-03-07 13:21 Aleksandar Spasojevic New Issue
2017-03-07 15:49 Ivan Smahin Note Added: 0009516
2017-03-08 10:26 Aleksandar Spasojevic Note Added: 0009519
2017-03-08 13:54 Ivan Smahin Note Added: 0009521
2017-03-08 13:54 Ivan Smahin Assigned To => Ivan Smahin
2017-03-08 13:54 Ivan Smahin Status new => assigned
2017-03-08 14:12 Ivan Smahin Note Added: 0009522
2017-03-08 14:19 Ivan Smahin Status assigned => resolved
2017-03-08 14:19 Ivan Smahin Fixed in Version => 7.0.x
2017-03-08 14:19 Ivan Smahin Resolution open => fixed